Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mother's Day Brunch

For Mother's day I wanted to do something small and intimate for my mom, sister and 2 daughters. The idea to even do anything was really a last minute thing (when I mean last minute, I meant the day before). Since I didn't really have time to prepare but still want to make it extra special, I used a craft kit I had stashed for a scrapbook to personalize everything. Here's how it turned out.



This teapot was extra special since this was a Mother's day gift from my 2 daughters about 5 years ago. I tied it with a lace ribbon and flowers.
Tip #1: craft kits are perfect for last minute events
Tip #2: Always shop your home first. Instead of running to the store for your next event. Look to see if you can repurpose any items or embellish them. The plain white mugs looked more unique with the attached flowers and lace.

 I embellished a plain hot pink envelope using the punch out letters from the kit, medium sized doily and the same lace ribbon from the teapot

 I cut out a paper with this beautiful rose pattern for the tea bags. The teapot container I already have on hand which I found at Homegoods awhile back.

 I wanted to use this plain white mugs (from crate and barrel) which I have on hand to match the simplicity of the teapot. I just wrapped a pink lace around it and added the paper flowers. Again I used doilies to wrap the napkins and used for the saucer. The monogrammed letters and the labels for the straw are from the same kit. The paper straws are from the local craft store.

Paper kit attached with pearl stick-ons I got at Michaels.



 This is where you will notice that I labeled the pie with cake. I am not a baker and I wasn't planning on baking anything so I ran to the grocery store to buy cake on Mother's day, and of course...there was no cake to be found. And since this was brunch I wasn't going to run a round and look for cakes. So we had pie.



 I found the cutest lace heart serving containers at Hobby Lobby. 



simple white fresh flowers 

 I really love these paper flowers I got at Michaels

 This was also from the paper kit which I hung on top of the table

 I used a mini cake stand (from World Market)  for the strawberries. This was so delicious.
 My daughter baked this delicious blueberry cake. She's 14 and I'm so glad she likes to bake. This was so delicious and I'm not just  saying that. It was really really good.
I also wanted to mention that this was an extremely windy day. I took all the photographs and taped the labels to the table which kept blowing all over the place. It was not an easy feat but in the end I think it turned out great.




This was our Fabulous Mother's day Brunch

Tip #3 Keep it Simple: Sometimes the best events are the ones where you can just kick up your heels and enjoy. 

*ALL photographs and/or information on this page is the property of Pink Pixie Parties. It is intended only to give ideas and inspiration and may not be copied on any website without consent and/or credit to Pink Pixie Parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment